2020-2021 School Enrollment Information

Online Registration is Now Open
This is the image for the news article titled Online Registration is Now OpenMPS Withdrawal and Enrollment Procedures 

Registration Process

Documents Needed:

Withdrawal from previous school

Two Documents for proof of residence (Power, Gas, or Water and one the following documents: property tax, income tax, social security correspondence, government mail [food stamps, etc...] or employment record)

Parent/Guardian Photo ID

Student's Birth Certificate

Current Alabama Immunization

New Student Enrollment 

• Parent enrolls in zoned school utilizing the online registration platform using http://registration.mps.k12.al.us
• Parent uploads documentation to support enrollment request in proof of residency section. 

Current Student - in-district transfer (moving, AAA, Zone Variance, Employee Petition, Magnet, etc.)

• Parent calls the school the student will be leaving to make an appointment for withdrawal. 
• School notifies parents to immediately update all information in the registration portal using link: Enrollment Update Portal. Parent may upload documentation or bring to the school appointment. 
• Parent reports to school to sign withdrawal paperwork (MPS Transfer Withdrawal Notice) 
• School designee confirms all necessary paperwork is in the portal. Enrollment Update Portal
• School designee releases (unregisters) the student to receiving school. 
• Receiving school will proceed with registering/enrolling students and make formal Records Request. 

New Student - out of zone (AAA, Zone Variance, Employee Petition, Magnet, etc.) 

• Parent enrolls in zoned school utilizing the online registration platform using 2020-2021 School Registration Link
• Parents may upload documentation at the end of the process or deliver to the school after appointment has been made at the school. 
• Parents will contact the school the student will be attending to notify registration is pending. 
• Receiving school will contact IT to verify documentation and finalize transfer of registration information. 
• Receiving school will make a formal Records Request from the school where the student previously attended. 
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.